Fairhaven, Washington, March 16. Newcomer David Laney and Jodee Adams-Moore set course records in winning the 21st annual Chuckanut 50K. Laney, a former Southern Oregon University star running his first ultra, edged Max King for the win. King was doubling back from his course record run at Way Too Cool 50K the week before.
Local star Adams-Moore easily bested a talented women’s field and broke Ellie Greenwood’s course record by eight minutes in the process.
1. David Laney, 24, Ashland, OR, 3:40:16 (course record, old record 3:41:52 by Geoff Roes, 2011)
2. Max King, 33, Bend, OR, 3:43:06
3. Maxwell Ferguson, 27, Ravensdale, WA, 3:47:40
4. Daniel Kraft, 24, Telluride, CO, 3:52:10
5. Peter Ellis, 28, Bellingham, WA, 3:52:47
1. Jodee Adams-Moore, 30, Bellingham, WA, 4:01:22 (course record, old record 4:09:28 by Ellie Greenwood, 2012)
2. Devon Yanko, 30, San Anselmo, CA, 4:22:01
3. Alicia Shay, 30, Flagstaff, AZ, 4:24:01
4. Cassie Scallon, 30, Watertown, WI, 4:25:27
5. Kerrie Bruxvoort, 36, Broomfield, CO, 4:32:20
Photo, above: David Laney climbs the infamous Chinscraper Hill (Glenn Tachiyama photo)
Above: former Georgetown University runner Jodee Adams-Moore on the Interurban Trail alongside Chuckanut Bay (Glenn Tachiyama photo)