New York, NY (April 30). Dipali Cunningham, a native of Australia living in Washington, DC, posted a course-record 513 miles at the Sri Chinmoy Self Transcendence Six Day event held in Queens. Cunningham, 50, set a North American all-comers record and what is believed to be a world best performance on a road course in the process. Two-time Badwater champion Pam Reed of Tucson was second and set an American women’s record with 490 miles, topping Donna Hudson’s old mark of 487.901.
The women’s world best for six days is held by Sandy Barwick of New Zealand at 548.317 miles, set on a track in Campbelltown, Australia in 1990.
1. Dipali Cunningham, 50, Washington, DC, 513 miles
2. Pam Reed, 48, Tucson, AZ, 490
3. Lenka Svecova,34, Brno, Czech Republic, 372
1. Darren Worts, 38, Chatham, NJ, 420 miles
2. Volodymyr Hlushchuk, 48, Vinnitsa, Ukraine, 391
3. Mark Dorion, 49, El Paso, TX, 353