Leadville, Colorado, August 23. Timmy Parr and Lynette Clemons were the winners at the 27th annual Leadville Trail 100 Mile Endurance Run, which finished here today. Parr, from Gunnison, Colorado, took the lead from defending champion Duncan Callahan on the climb up Sugarloaf at about 80 miles. Two-time winner Anton Krupica led for the first 70 miles but dropped out with an injury at the 75-mile mark. Clemons, who lives in Leadville, took the lead for good on the return trip over Hope Pass and pulled away to finish comfortably ahead of Jamie Donaldson. Donaldson held off a late rush by Darcy Africa for second.
Ideal conditions led to a record 274 finishers within the 30-hour time limit.
1. Timmy Parr, 27, Gunnison, CO, 17:27:23
2. Nick Lewis, 23, Memphis, TN, 17:44:26
3. Duncan Callahan, 26, Gunnison, CO, 18:26:40
4. Andrew Henshaw, 23, West Point, NY, 18:56:41
5. Jeff Beuche, 34, Boulder, CO, 18:58:40
1. Lynette Clemons, 35, Leadville, CO, 20:58:01
2. Jamie Donaldson, 34, Littleton, CO, 21:53:37
3. Darcy Africa, 34, Boulder, CO, 21:55:22
4. Rebecca Wheeler, 24, Casper, WY. 23:58:24
5. Kelly Cronin, 32, Yosemite, CA, 24:14:22