Sausalito, California, May 1. Anton Krupicka and Kami Semick were winners at the 15th annual Miwok 100K trail race. Krupicka, running his first race since last July, took the lead from Michael Wardian at the 34-mile mark and pulled steadily away from the field in posting the second fastest time in the race’s history. Hal Koerner ran a strong second half to finish second.
Kami Semick was the women’s winner for the fifth time, 26 minutes clear of runner-up Devon Crosby-Helms. The race was held under mild, sunny skies, with blustery afternoon winds having only a modest impact on performances. There were 267 finishers.
1. Anton Krupicka, 27, Boulder, CO, 8:02:51
2. Hal Koerner, 34, Ashland, OR, 8:20:45
3. Rod Bien, 37, Bend, OR, 8:29:27
4. Nathan Yanko, 28, San Francisco, CA, 8:32:51
5. Erik Skaden, 38, Folsom, CA, 8:53:58
1. Kami Semick, 43, Bend, OR, 9:10:29
2. Devon Crosby-Helms, 27, San Francisco, CA, 9:36:02
3. Krissy Moehl, 32, Seattle, WA, 9:57:32
4. Amy Sproston, 36, Portland, OR, 10:02:41
5. Darcy Africa, 35, Boulder, CO, 10:03:00
At left: Kami Semick, approaching the finish. A lone runner enjoys majestic views from Coastal Trail. (photos by John Medinger)
At right: Tony Krupicka nears the Highway 1 aid station at mile 55 (photo by Ted Knudsen).