Ashland, Oregon, September 16. Gerad Dean held off a strong finish by Michael Stadnisky to win the 3rd annual Pine to Palm 100. Dean held a lead of more than an hour at the 100km mark, only to see Stadnisky only nine minutes in arrears at the finish.
In the women’s race, Jenn Shelton overcame a 20-minute deficit in the second half of the race to out-distance Jennifer Benna. Shelton broke Amy Sproston’s course record in the process.
Runners endured a warm day with afternoon temperatures in the low 90s but with a steady breeze. There were 73 finishers within the 34-hour time limit.
1. Gerad Dean, 35, Mt Shasta, CA, 19:53:50
2. Michael Stadnisky, 29, Ashland, OR, 20:02:50
3. Colin Miller, 34, North Vancouver, BC, 20:11:09
4. Adam Zastrow, San Rafael, CA, 33, 20:34:30
5. (tie) Andy Reed, 42, Canmore, AB, 22:24:04
5. (tie) Scott Breeden, 22, Bloomington, IN, 22:24:04
1. Jenn Shelton, 28, Ashland, OR, 22:24:24 (course record, old record 22:39:00 by Amy Sproston, 2010)
2. Jennifer Benna, 33, Reno, NV, 23:41:02
3. April Thorp, 30, San Diego, CA, 24:46:17
4. Kim Gimenez, 48, Long Beach, CA, 25:14:52
5. Ligia Madrigal, 38, San Jose, Costa Rica, 26:15:05
Full results are available at http://www.ultralive.net/p2p/webcast.php
Photo at left: Jenn Shelton (photo by Keith Facchino)